What to Expect
During pregnancy, your body instinctively moves through a variety of changes in order to prepare for breastfeeding your baby.
Prenatal breastfeeding & mothering support consultations are an integration of lactation consulting & naturopathic medicine, providing:
- a review of your health & reproductive history
- a review of the progression of your pregnancy & how you’ve been feeling ~ mind, body & spirit.
- discussion about the preparations your body is making for labour, birth & breastfeeding
- a breast exam
- support in setting your infant feeding & mothering intention(s)
- preparation for the early days after baby’s arrival (feeding cues, how to tell when baby is getting enough milk, optimizing milk supply, minimizing challenges & knowing when to reach out for help)
- discussion about normal infant sleep in the early days & week
As a result of my dual designation as a lactation consultant & naturopathic doctor & the natural, whole person approach to your assessment & care, these consultations are covered by many extended health benefit plans, under naturopathic services.
Initial Consultation: $160
60 Minute Follow-up: $160
30 Minute Follow-up: $80