** UPDATED June 24, 2020.
As Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our communities locally & around the world, I’m taking an opportunity here to provide you with information & updates regarding the services that I provide for families in Southeastern New Brunswick & beyond.
There is still uncertainty around this bug – new information is coming forward every week.
Virtual Consultations & Workshops
All virtual consultations are conducted through a secure telehealth system on Practice Better (my client management platform). While virtual consultations limit my ability to do a full physical exam & prevent me from weighing your baby, they do allow me to provide a wide range of support, recommendations & resources, specific to the needs you have on your breastfeeding journey.
Virtual consultations can be booked here.
All workshops & classes offered at this time will be conducted online, so families can participate from the comfort of their own homes. Follow me on Facebook & Instagram for program announcements & registration.
In-person group drop-in sessions are cancelled until further notice.
I understand the value these sessions provide to families in our community & I want to ensure you’re still receiving the support you need. I will be offering Weekly Live Q+A sessions in our Well Rooted Mama Community on Facebook, so you can ask the questions you’d usually ask at the drop-in & connect in real time with one another a little bit. If you’re requesting to join the group, please be sure to complete the membership questions.
Once per week, beginning in July, I will also offer short (10 minute) weight check appointments, at Reconnect Health Centre. These appointments are limited in number (6 per week to start, then 9 per week once we have the logistics sorted out) & need to be booked ahead of time. I also ask that if you’ve booked a time slot & you’re unavailable to attend or have symptoms of respiratory infection, to please cancel it as soon as you can so another family has the opportunity to book.
House Calls + COVID-19 Precautions
** UPDATE June 24, 2020. Virtual consultations continue to be the best option at this time. If in-person assessment & support is needed, we can arrange a house call following the initial virtual session. House calls are available in the Greater Moncton, Sackville & Shediac areas.
Prior to the Visit
- All families will be screened for symptoms of respiratory infection & recent travel, the day before the visit. In the case of a confirmation of respiratory symptoms in the home or international travel within the last 14 days, a virtual consultation will be offered instead via a PIPEDA compliant telehealth platform.
- I thoroughly clean all of my supplies, including the infant scale, my charting laptop and my phone before each visit.
During the visit
- Upon arrival, I will clean my hands with soap & water for at least 20 seconds, followed by an application of alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Please have soap & a clean hand towel ready by the sink you’d prefer I use.
- Throughout the visit, I’ll use gloves every time I touch you & your baby.
- Throughout the visit, I will wear a face mask.
- When weighing your baby, we will use a receiving blanket on the scale – please have a clean one ready for us to use.